In today's challenging job market, counselors, coaches, and HR directors require skills that are at the forefront of assisting organizations with vocational counseling, job search strategies, and employee retention. In addition, counselors may find their clients in need of career development and assistance with career choices.
Learn how to use the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) instrument to assist clients in developing the skills necessary for optimal career strategies including best-fit careers, techniques for career development, empowerment, and decision making.
Isabel Myers' earliest goal for the Indicator was to help people choose careers that would call on their strengths and be interesting and exciting. This workshop, designed for career counselors already familiar with the MBTI instrument, explores the Indicator as a way to enhance the benefits of career counseling.
Daily Schedule 8:30am–5:00pmTopics covered in this workshop:
- What the MBTI instrument can and cannot reveal about individual career choices
- Skills to use with a variety of clients, from high school to those considering midlife career changes
- Values clarification, planning and goal setting, skills assessment, decision-making strategies, type and work environments, and lifestyle issues
- Information gathering, job search, and career patterns of MBTI types
- Using the MBTI instrument with the Strong Interest Inventory® Scales
- Lifelong type development skills
- Challenges to career development
- A notebook of program materials
- Resource book, Looking at Type® and Careers
- Document of completion
Who Should Attend
Human Resource (HR) professionals, consultants, educators, career counselors, social workers, psychologists, school psychologists, coaches, training and organizational development specialists, counselors, clergy, managers, and anyone working toward personal, peer, or employee development.
Schedule & Registration
To register by mail or FAX: download the registration form and FAX to 800.723.6284 (352.378.0503). Mailed or faxed registrations for the MBTI® Certification Program must be received in the CAPT office 14 business days prior to the start of the program.
Individuals taking this program should already be eligible or certified users of the MBTI instrument and meet at least one of the following requirements.
- Educational Eligibility – someone who holds a Master’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Psychology, Counseling, Organization Development or related field, is considered educationally eligible to purchase and administer assessments.
- Successful completion of a recognized MBTI® Certification Program (that provides training in the theory and uses of the MBTI instrument) and passed the common exams. This individual will be granted the Certified Practitioner designation.
CE's & CEU's
All of CAPT's CE Credits
Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy
You may reschedule one time only at no additional charge, but you must notify the CAPT Training
Department in writing 14 business days prior to the start of the program, providing the registration has
been paid in full. If the registration has not been paid in full, then full payment is required before a date
transfer can be made.
If you reschedule after the 14-day cutoff or have subsequent transfers, a fee of $100 will be due
immediately for each instance. Reschedule notification without a new date given will be held as pending for up to one year before tuition will be forfeited.
Cancellations must be received in writing 7 business days prior to the start of the program, and are subject
to a $450 administrative fee. (For one or two-day programs, the cancellation fee is $100.)
Cancellations after the 7-day cutoff and no-shows will forfeit 50% of the tuition. Materials are not
CAPT is not responsible for any travel expenses that may occur when you reschedule a registration.
In the event that CAPT must cancel a class we will give you as much advance notice as possible. CAPT will make every effort to accommodate your needs and rebook you in a different class. CAPT is not responsible for any travel expenses that may occur from the cancellation of a scheduled class.
Tuition is subject to change without notice.